I did it! I’ve officially watched every Marvel movie (related to the Avengers, superhero saga).
*Don’t worry, there are no spoilers ahead!*
Over the course of just 43 days, my goal of watching every Marvel movie turned into an adventure and then into an obsession (in a good way). Not only was I sucked into the action-packed storylines and captivating characters, the buildup of Avengers: Endgame fueled my excitement.
22 stories … 2,867 minutes of film … 1 Marvel Cinematic Universe
Last year, my boyfriend suggested I watch all the Marvel movies. As a big fan of the series, he wanted me to experience the universe he loves. I was reluctant at first. I had already seen some movies, but not nearly as many as existed. I enjoyed most of them like The Avengers, Thor: Ragnarok, and Doctor Strange, but there were others that didn’t interest me. I thought I knew enough to get by.
It wasn’t until I saw Avengers: Infinity War, when I realized I was missing out on some crucial storylines (Who’s Vision? Guardians of the Galaxy is part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe?).
On Sunday, April 28, two days after Avengers: Endgame premiered in theaters, I started the ultimate Marvel binge. Don’t ask me how I managed to avoid spoilers.
It was a group effort. Shoutout to my cousin for giving me access to almost every movie, my family for watching with me, and my boyfriend for everything, including this crazy, fun idea.
The order I watched the movies was based on a boyfriend-approved graphic I found online last year. It lists the movies in order of story, not release date.
Watching all 22 movies gave me a greater appreciation for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I thought every movie was great, regardless of what my first impression was. I’m so glad I’m finally caught up on all the complex storylines.
You can officially call me a “True Believer” or “Marvelite” (whatever Marvel fans are called).
While it’s way too hard to choose my favorite movie, my favorite character is a no-brainer, it’s Baby Groot! I mean, just look at him.
Below is my timeline starting on April 28th and ending on June 9th.
- April 28: Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- April 28: Iron Man (2008)
- May 2: The Incredible Hulk (2008)
- May 4: Iron Man 2 (2010)
- May 5: Thor (2011)
- May 5: The Avengers (2012)
- May 8: Iron Man 3 (2013)
- May 10: Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- May 11: Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- May 15: Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- May 15: Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- May 16: Ant-Man (2015)
- May 17: Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- May 18: Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
- May 19: Black Panther (2018)
- May 19: Doctor Strange (2016)
- May 24: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
- May 28: Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
- June 2: Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- June 3: Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
- June 7: Captain Marvel (2019)
- June 9: Avengers: Endgame (2019)
Next up: Spider-Man: Far from Home (in theaters July 2)